Monday, December 5, 2011

Inspiration



So, the weekend killed my inspiration and motivation for writing. One poor weekend, and just like that I'm spiraling downwards. Weekends do tend to kill me like this, but I was doing alright until this one.

I barely ever write when I am inspired. I always follow that quote by, who was it? Jack London, I believe. "You can't wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club."
I live by that quote. It's very rare that I have any inspiration at all when I sit down to write. I figure if I wait for inspiration to strike, I will be waiting forever 
Motivation is a bit different, I usually am motivated to finish things, to get projects done. But right now I'm losing it.

Don't feel so qualified, don't feel like I can get anything to work. My motivation is leaking.
Sometimes you just have to force yourself to sit down and bleed. Sometimes that's the only way to get past all of this.
Well, should be editing my story now. I didn't wake up at 5:30 this morning to sit around listening to music and only think about writing.

God Bless,
  A.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment