Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Diary Of a Bible



"*January 15. Been resting for a week. A few nights after the first of the year, my owner opened me, but no more. Another New Year's resolution gone wrong.


*February 3. Owner picked me up and rushed off to Sunday school.


*February 23. Cleaning day. Dusted and put back in my place.


*April 2. Busy day. Owner had to present the lesson at a church society meeting. Quickly looked up a lot of references.


*May 5. Grandma's back in town. Back in her lap. A very comfortable place.


*May 9. She let a tear fall on John 14.


*May 10. Grandma's gone. Back in my old place again.


*May 20. Baby born. They wrote his name on one of my pages.


*July 1. Packed in a suitcase. Off for vacation.


*July 20. Still in the suitcase. Almost everything else taken out.


*July 25. Home again. Quite a journey, though I don't see why I went.


*August 16. Dusted again and put in a prominent place. The minister is to be here for dinner.


*August 20. Owner wrote Grandma's death in the Family Record. He left his extra pair of glasses between my pages.


*December 31. Owner just found his glasses. Wonder if he will make any resolutions about me for the new year?


What story would your Bible tell? Are you reading your Bible daily? Are you memorizing portions, hiding them in your heart? Are you obeying the Bible? Are you letting it guide your life? Psalm 119:105 says, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.""

--God Wrote a Book, James MacDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment