Monday, February 14, 2011

Writing Goal for 2011


When I told my friends I was making a blog, I said I was going to post some of my writing. So I will keep that promise. My one writing goal for this year is to finish up my DD series. And I am calling it my DD series, but I don't want to say the whole long name.
Anyways, I still have to finish editing the second book in the series, and then write and finish the third one. So far, I am half way done with the first part of the second book.
See, my books in this series, have two stories in one. I know it's a bit complicated, but it makes sense if you read it. So that is my writing goal this year.
After I finish that, I am going to work on a story that I plan on getting published. I don't want to say anything about that story just yet, maybe once next year rolls around, and when I am done with the DD series, I will tell more about it.
But for now, I will just post a poem that has to do with the theme of my story. I wrote this last year, so it's not my best poem, but it goes with my story. So here goes.

"Who will stand when they come?
With their sweet lies and testing tongues
Who will be swayed by their persuasive lips?
Do you know where they come from?
They rise up among us
In the church, in the pulpit,
For themselves, they take the glory,
From the Lord Most High.
Dare we be led astray
Whern it feels so right
But the truth is so far away
Who will stand?
Who will be faithful and defend
The hope that is within you?
There will be no defense
if the sparks do not erupt
from the fire of your soul
Do we look at the truth,
Or do we suck in the words so smooth?
Without understanding we are lost,
Carrying a false light
Without study and heart,
we will fall into the darkness of night.
Who will stand if we cannot bow our hearts, stand firm
And face those fiery darts?"

God bless,
  A.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment